Based on BBC News and our own ideas, here are 5 ways to keep warm while staying within budget!
1. Close the vents in unused rooms so that the heat travels to more popular areas of the house.
2. Buy curtains or put blankets over the windows to prevent heat from escaping. During the day though, allow as much sunlight as possible into the house.
3. Check your chimney; is the hatch closed? Even if you haven’t used the fireplace in awhile, there is still a chance the hatch is open where cold hair is coming in. But beware of the soot! Wear gloves!
4. If you have bare hardwood floors, buy a rug from a department store to create insulation and prevent heat loss from the floor.
5. Do an activity you enjoy: exercise, cook, drink a hot beverage or find someone to cuddle with! (Pets are great for warmth and love!)